Peek A Hoo

Thursday, June 17, 2010

More thoughts from bed...

So, as I am sitting here today, alone...in the peace and quiet...in my bed...I am thinking about how wonderful it would be to sit out on my back deck with Flyboy tonight and enjoy the evening air.  Then the next thing that comes to my mind is having a glass of wine.  Hmmm...I wonder.  Is it OK to have wine along with Valium and/or Vicodin?  So, being the resourceful person that I am, I start doing my research online.  There are several blogs about it, but not exactly the type of "yay or nay" that I am looking for, so I keep digging.  WikiAnswers is pretty reliable, right?  Sure.  Well, it says it is indeed OK to have a glass or two of wine with these meds, but not to go overboard and to definitely NOT drive as it can make you very sleepy. 

OK - the family has arrived back and it is no longer peaceful and quiet here in the house.  It is quite the opposite as a matter of fact.  LOL  Which is all good...but it makes me POSITIVE that Mama needs a glass of wine tonight...and sooner than later.  Fuck.  Gidget is a total grump and is pissy at everyone.  Cricket is whining about picking up her toys and doing what she is told to do.  Bug is hiding in his room.  Flyboy has lost his mind with the kids and their absolute disgusting habits (food bits here and there, garbage left on the floor, and sippy cups hidden behind every piece of furniture that we own).  Yes, this is definitely one Mama that will be enjoying at least one glass of wine tonight.  It may not be a peaceful evening on the back deck in the evening air, but it will be one filled with very little pain (or none if I can help it) and an endless glass of wine.  Cheers!

No comments: