Peek A Hoo

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Growing Girls!!

I cannot believe how quickly the girls are growing!
Cricket is now a big 3 year old girl and Baby Blue is almost 9 months old!! Cricket has a HUGE vocabulary (as her big brother did at her age), is nearly 100% potty trained, and can do anything that she sets her mind to! She loves to play in the pool, slide down the Slip-N-Slide, swing really high, play Hide-N-Seek, color, play all kinds of sports, and do anything that her big brother can do!! LOL She loves teaching Baby Blue how to do things - even things that Mommy isn't sure she should be learning yet!! She is SUPER independent too...she has to help do everything! She wants to pour her own drinks & cereal, dress & undress herself, put her own shoes on, clean her own face & brush her own teeth...the list goes on & on!! I have a hard time with all of this independence exertion! (It is probably one of the hardest things that I have to do as a mom, so far...watching the little kids grow less & less dependent on Mom and more self sufficient!)
Baby Blue is something else now too! She is crawling on all fours like a Pro! She thinks the house is a raceway...always in a hurry to get where she is going!! Last night, she crawled right into the bathroom, where I was getting Cricket's bath ready, went straight to the bathtub & pulled herself up to a standing position to see inside the bathtub! When she saw what I was doing, she stood at the tub and squealed and laughed until I picked her up and put her in with her big sister! This is a girl who knows what she wants already!! She can walk back & forth along the couch too! I have a feeling that walking alone will come sooner than later. She has a lot of the same drive & determination that her big sister has!
I just cannot believe how big these girls are getting - and how fast! Oh, how I will miss these days!! As much as they drive me crazy during the days, I still wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: